“We denounce this criminalization cases being pressed by RCBC to farmworkers and our supporters. We strongly believe that it was pure intimidation to undermine the struggling farmworkers of Hacienda Luisita”, Felix Nacpil Jr., Ambala Chairperson.
Ambala and AMGL said the cases was filed against Lito Bais, ULWU Chairperson, Pastor Gabby Sanchez, spokesperson of Martyr, Arnold Ladera, Rizaldy Pasion, Rowena Galang, Richard Sosa, Jackelyn Galang, Celia Galang, Etang Cunan, Joji Pasion and others.
“The RCBCs effort to displace us have started since last year but we are firm on our stand that we are the legitimate owners of the said land. Last October 28, 2011, we were threatened to be demolished by 60 element of PNP Tarlac City, 60 members of demolition team, a Philippine army squad and military agents. But we never cowed by this attempt by the RCBC in fact, we continued to consolidate our ranks to defend what is legally and morally ours”, added by Nacpil.
“Aside from that, the recent attempt of the RCBC was last February 20, 2012 when 100 security guards, 10 elements of Tarlac provincial police and 15 of the Philippine Army fired eight times to 300 Ambala members who were blocking the fences being erected in the vicinity of the land claimed by RCBC”, cited by Nacpil.
The groups said, the RCBC has also filed another case to twenty members of Ambala after the February 20 incident. The robbery case was filed to farmworkers when they confiscated galvanized iron fences being put by a construction team escored by armed security guards, police and military.
“What else could RCBC do to displace us? We know that the RCBC and the Cojuangco-Aquinos are powerful and influential to sway the court’s decision to demoralize and repress us. They have connived from the very beginning and we know that they won’t stop until they get the full control of Hacienda Luisita’’, cited by Nacpil.
Last March 6, 2012, Ambala leaders and members followed up at the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) regarding the January 5 petition for revocation of the conversion order of RCBC-claimed lands and the ongoing militarization inside Hacienda Luisita. According to DAR, they plan to conduct an ocular inspection on the lands claimed by RCBC on March 26 to identify if the lands have developments.
“We would face this warrant head on and rely to the united strength of the farmworkers. The Cojuangco-Aquinos and RCBC are playing with fire by using trumped-up charges to harass us. They would regret as the consequences of this measure to the Aquino government is severe and irreversible,” Nacpil said. #